I was wondering how to recreate sub files; that you would find in a movie release. I need a complete breakdown of steps if possible thanks.
Date: 18 Jan 2017 00:22
Number of posts: 5
RSS: New posts
What exactly do you want to know? How to recreate the vobsubs .rar file? To do this you need to have the .sub and .idx files and a bit of luck because they are often compressed.
A missing .sub file cannot be recreated.
To reconstruct a vobsub rar, do the following:
- Download the vobsubs .srr file from srrdb
- Extract the stored files: pysrr -x rls-subs.srr
- You may delete the languages.diz file and receive a rls.srr file when double packaging is used.
- Reconstruct the .rar with the compressed .sub of the inner .srr first (see tutorial for reconstruction of compressed rars)
- When successful, reconstruct based on the .srr you downloaded. This needs the newly reconstructed .rar and .idx.
- Verify with the .sfv
ok so I extracted the files and now have 3 files
Now the next step you gave me I don't really understand I read the tutorial on reconstruction of compressed rars.
By the way I am using the Rescene GUI and not the command line.
I also have the .sfv for the subs if that helps.